*Disclaimer: This post has caused quite a bit of controversy. Of course, I am the queen of controversy LOL. I love nothing more than a bit of drama** So, while you're reading this post keep a few things in mind:
1. It is normal to ship a cake topper. There is nothing unusual about this. Shipping companies will gladly do this. Bakeries do this EVERYDAY in America.
2. This is not how the cake was shipped. There was actually packing material in the box. They did not ship a cake floating in a box and expect it to arrive safely. It was packed incredibly well and nestled in there tightly. I took out the packing material to show off and impress with my smooshed cake.
3. If you read the last sentence above, let me state this...THIS BOX WAS DROPPED. It was dropped. That is all. $75 for shipping and someone dropped it, this is the issue.
4. The controversy may be the fact that I called out the name of the shipping company. In order to save my sanity and to not be called a stupid fart head any longer (you know for receiving a broken cake-I'm such a terrible person), I have replaced the shipping company name with *splort*. I was calling out the shipping company in a little friendly razzing. It was meant to be lighthearted. They were very good and refunded. However, I still had a broken cake. :-(
5. Yes, I actually deleted some not nice comments and I will tell you why. Fine, yes, they insulted me, but they also insulted everyone that commented which are some very sweet blogger friends and that was not cool.
**Not true. This is internet sarcasm. I hate drama.
we got married, we bought our delicious beautiful cake from a place in
Dallas called Frosted Art. We picked this place because I have always
admired Bronwen Weber and all her wins on the Food Network Challenges.
Here is our cake:
should see the orchid on the side, it's gorgeous! Our wedding venue was
Hotel Zaza in Dallas. And they are so caring and good at putting on
weddings (sarcasm) that they didn't even serve the bride and groom cake. But, we
did manage to rummage some leftovers. But, I didn't get to try my
beloved black forest, which we especially ordered just for me.
something else we liked about this bakery was that you don't have to
save your cake topper (we were going straight to Hawaii) and we can
order a free one for our anniversary. Amazing, right? You just pay
overnight shipping through *splort* (unnamed shipping company, LOL) for $75. Ew, *splort*. Oh well, I was truly excited about getting this cake topper so I could finally try the black forest. Yum! My favorite! And here's what you get from *splort* for $75:
Thank you *splort*! I'm sure it's delicious.