Monday, October 17, 2011

The Sketchbook Project

I just signed up for the Sketchbook Project for the first time this year. I'm really excited and I'll share some of my pages with you once I get my book. 

Here's how it works: First pick a theme on their website. You can follow the theme pretty loosely (I picked Monochromatic). For $25, they send you a sketchbook. Fill your sketchbook with your doodles. Then send it back in. It'll travel around to different art galleries where people can look at your book. For an extra $20 you can have it digitized and put on their website for anyone to see. I chose this option. I want to be able to show anyone after my sketchbook is already gone. 

Sign up quickly because books need to be in by about mid-January! Go to their website by clicking Sketchbook Project.

7 comments:

  1. This is interesting. I had never heard about this project. I'll look forward to seeing some of your sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might give this a go....how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't promise they'll be good, but I'll share! Yeah, definitely try it. It's the only way I'll ever be in an art gallery. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo...I decided to sign up as well...thanks for the inspiration. I will look for your book when the tour comes to Toronto next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! And I'll look for yours in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so NOW I know where you sent your lovely sketchbook :-) Fun project!

    ReplyDelete