Thursday, November 17, 2011

What I'm thankful for...

Sometimes a lot of small problems can build up, making you feel less than thrilled about your life. Why did I get so many parking tickets this year? Why can't I quit my job and work from home like you? More dental work, really? These things sound insignificant, but when they all add up you can lose sight of how truly blessed you really are. There are times when I forget. Until I hear a particular heartbreaking story, then I realize how fortunate I am. I have to remind myself to not take any day for granted and that we only have a short time to make the most of what we have.
1. Family-They are supportive in everything I do and love me unconditionally. There's no reason for them to, they just do! They're so giving without asking for anything in return. I'm also thankful for the new gift that is my in-laws! I couldn't ask for anyone better.
2. Love-I'm so happy to have found the love of my life. We were blessed with a beautiful wedding and honeymoon this year that we definitely wouldn't have been able to afford on our own. He is the best husband I could ask for and he means the world to me. I pray we will spend a long, happy and healthy life together. Sometimes I feel like I have to pinch myself, I never thought I'd get married, but I really never thought I'd find someone so made for me.
3. Health-I have a lot of little ailments (especially since I turned 29!), but otherwise I'm in good health. I'm thankful that I don't have more serious problems and that I can live an active lifestyle. I can't put into words how thankful I am for this.
4. Home and Elroy-I'm thankful to have a roof over our head and some sort of financial security. And as much as he drives me nuts, I love our little beast of a dog. Sometimes he's just so precious it hurts.

8 comments:

  1. Haha I feel the same way about my dog. I love her so so much but sometimes....grrrr! :]

    Thanks for linking up with us today! xo Julie Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice posting, Michelle. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wish I could have met you this past Sat., but hopefully there will be another get together after I return from FL (in April).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having the linky part Julie Ann! I've never heard of one before, but it seemed like a really cool idea. Thanks for stopping by!

    Thanks Carol. Me too, have a great time in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower fron After Nine to Five. Your puppy is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post, so nice that you can be aware of your blessings. Gratitude breeds more gratitude. Thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your gratitude post. It's so important to stop and remember what we're grateful for isn't it? Sounds to me that a lot is going well for you, and you fully appreciate it! Have a great weekend, dear. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much everyone! I think things are going well if you just think about it the right way. I've definitely had my down's lately, but all in all, things are good.

    Simply-He is and he knows it too!

    ReplyDelete